Format of BOOLEAN

От Lehmeier, Michael
Тема Format of BOOLEAN
Дата
Re: Format of BOOLEAN
Список pgsql-general
Hello

When I SELECT a row with a BOOLEAN in it I get either 't' or 'f'.
But when I use this same value in the WHERE condition I get an error,
because PostgreSQL demands either 'true' or 'false'.

Example:

testdb=# create table testtable (acolumn BOOLEAN);
CREATE
testdb=# INSERT INTO testtable VALUES (true);
INSERT 161246 1
testdb=# SELECT * FROM testtable;
 acolumn
---------
(1 row)

testdb=# SELECT * FROM testtable WHERE acolumn = t;
ERROR:  Attribute 't' not found

This is a real problem for me since I am currently writing on a mostly
database independent engine. PostgreSQL would be the the first time that
I can't write into a database what I read from it.

Is it possible to change the settings of PostgreSQL somewhere so that
I get 'true' or 'false'?

Thank you!