Re: Create Database using JDBC

От Nidhi Srivastava
Тема Re: Create Database using JDBC
Дата
Re: Create Database using JDBC  (Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Problem is if any client application is connected to another database on
my server anywhere, I shall not able to create my database using
template1. How can I determine which other clients are connected to my
server?

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Dudziak
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 4:39 PM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [JDBC] Create Database using JDBC

On 7/4/05, Nidhi Srivastava <nsrivastava@quark.com> wrote:

> But even that alternate template database would need to be created the
> first time after server installation by connceting to the template1
DB??
> Right??
>
> All I want is to automate database creation the first time after
server
> installation eliminate user inputs

But why then not requiring that no one is connected to the template1
database ? That shouldn't be too much of a requirement. Myself, I
develop with postgres on a daily basis (using JDBC), and even I have
pgAmin only open when necessary eg. for checking that some data was
inserted in the db or testing a query.

Tom

               http://archives.postgresql.org

Сообщение: Re: Create Database using JDBC
Сообщение: Re: Create Database using JDBC