Re: Create Database using JDBC

От Nidhi Srivastava
Тема Re: Create Database using JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Even when I'm not accessing templte1 but any other scratch database
through pgAdmin and try to create a new DB using JDBC I get the same
ERROR:  CREATE DATABASE: source database "template1" is being accessed
by other users. Is there a way to check if a DB exists and create it if
it doesn't using JDBC. How can I ensure that pgAdmin is not open on any
of the client machines and connected to the Postgre server on my
machine....becuase if even a single pgAdmin client is open on any of the
client machines it doesn't allow me to create a new DB throwing the
above error.

Thanks & Regards
Nidhi

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Nidhi Srivastava
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 4:04 PM
To: Thomas Dudziak; pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [JDBC] Create Database using JDBC

Yes I have the pgAdmin open. Is there any work around to check if more
than one users are connected to the server and resolve this?

Or is there any way I can create a DB at the time of Postgres
installation itself. I'm using postgresql8.0 on windows.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.