Re: [HACKERS] Request more documentation for incompatibility of parallelism and plpgsql exec_run_select

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Request more documentation for incompatibility of parallelism and plpgsql exec_run_select
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Jun 29, 2017, at 8:55 PM, Mark Dilger <hornschnorter@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Changing myfunc to create a temporary table, to execute the sql to populate
> that temporary table, and to then loop through the temporary table's rows
> fixes the problem.  For the real-world example where I hit this, that single
> change decreases the runtime from 13.5 seconds to 2.5 seconds.

Actually, this is wrong.  On further review, by the time I had changed the
function definition, the data in the test server I was querying had likely changed
enough for the performance to change.  That duped me into thinking I had
found a work-around.  I can no longer reproduce any performance improvement
in this manner.

mark