Re: Default gucs for EXPLAIN

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Default gucs for EXPLAIN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 10 Jul 2020, at 15:30, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> On 2020-05-23 11:14, Vik Fearing wrote:
>> Here is a patch to provide default gucs for EXPLAIN options.
>> I have two goals with this patch.  The first is that I personally
>> *always* want BUFFERS turned on, so this would allow me to do it without
>> typing it every time.
>
> There was a lot of opposition to the approach taken by this patch, but there was a lot of support turning BUFFERS on
bydefault.  Would you like to submit a patch for that?

My reading of this thread and the above that the patch, and CF entry, as it
stands should be rejected - but that a separate patch for turning BUFFERS on by
default would be highly appreciated.  Unless objections I'll go do that in the
CF app for 2020-07.

cheers ./daniel

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum on partitioned table (autoanalyze)
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Comment simplehash/dynahash trade-offs