Time stamp issue

От
Тема Time stamp issue
Дата
Re: Time stamp issue  ("Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Re: Time stamp issue  (Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>)
Список pgsql-general

Hi Everyone,

I have a table named concurrent_user which has a column time_stamp. The column stores the timestamp for the latest entered record.

My query finds the difference of the timestamp from the current time, if the value is larger than 5 minutes then the latest entered record in the table is assigned to a new user if he tries through the application else he is displayed an error message.

The thing worked fine while the database was on Oracle but since migrating it to postgres it is not able to handle the conversion.

The query is something like :

DELETE from CONCURRENT_USER WHERE (now() - CONCURRENT_USER.TIME_STAMP) > ?

Here the calculated value in ‘?’ is not supported by the postgres as it was set as a double.

I tried to cast it to a timestamp by using Timestamp timestamp = new Timestamp((java.sql.Date(rs.getTimestamp(time_stamp)).getTime());

But then it started to give :

...... <Exception Message> : ERROR: invalid input syntax for type interval: "1970-01-01 01:05:00.000000 +01:00:00" -

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: invalid input syntax for type interval: "1970-01-01 01:05:00.000000 +01:00:00"

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: invalid input syntax for type interval: "1970-01-01 01:05:00.000000 +01:00:00"

        at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1548)

        at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1316)

        at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:191)

        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:452)

        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:351)

        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeUpdate(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:305)

        at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.CachedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(CachedPreparedStatement.java:95)

        at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(WrappedPreparedStatement.java:251)

Kindly help for the same

Regards,

Kapil