Re: CF entries for 17 to be reviewed

От Andrey M. Borodin
Тема Re: CF entries for 17 to be reviewed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On 4 Mar 2024, at 14:51, Andrey M. Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
>
> I’ve read other small sections.

Here are statuses for "Refactoring" section:
* New [relation] options engine
    Relatively heavy refactoring. Author keeps interest to the patch for some years now. As I understood the main
problemis that big refactoring cannot be split into incremental steps. Definitely worth reviewing, but I think not for
17already...
* Confine vacuum skip logic to lazy_scan_skip
    There was a discussion at the end of 2023, but no recent review activity. Author actively improves the patchset.
* Change prefetch and read strategies to use range in pg_prewarm
    Some discussion is happening. Changed to WoA to reflect actual status.
* Potential issue in ecpg-informix decimal converting functions
    On Daniel's TODO list.
* BitmapHeapScan table AM violation removal (and use streaming read API)
    Active discussion with reviewers is going on.
* Streaming read sequential and TID range scan
    Seems like discussion on this patch is going on in nearby threads. In this thread I observe only improved patch
versionsposted.

All in all "Refactoring" section seemed to me more complex and demanding in-depth knowledge. It's difficult to judge
whynew approaches are an improvement. So for newcomer reviewers I'd recommend to look to other sections.

Thanks.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.