Re: iPad and Postgresql...

От Jerry LeVan
Тема Re: iPad and Postgresql...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 17, 2011, at 11:30 AM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> Jerry,
>
>>> http://www.gnegg.ch/2009/08/snow-leopard-and-php/
>> It sorta looks like the above might blow away the existing php stuff...
>
> Have you considered using the MacPorts version?  That's what I use for
> development on my Macs and I've never had a problem replicating my
> production environments whether in Solaris or Linux.
>
>> Pointers to the apps if you please :)
>
> Search for postgres or postgresql in the iTunes store.  DataGlass PostgreSQL
> is one of the apps.  I recall seeing another one a couple weeks back, but I
> can't remember the name of it at the moment.
>
> -- Gary Chambers

Sigh, I am trying to simplify life...

I tried the DataGlass Postgresql app ( even paid for the upgrade so I could
see more than a screen full of records).

Regrettably I don't think it is ready for prime time...The interface is a bit
clunky. It seemed to hang with trying to display pg_proc ;(

I know that if I had to build a parallel apache, php, perl, etc that madness
would just be a matter of weeks away...

I have one of the community pythons installed and have to remember that
when I build an extension for the Apple Python that I have to rename
the Python an Tcl frameworks for the community python so the linker will
not grab them instead of the apple specific frameworks...

Didn't some guy named Harry say "A man has to know his limitations"?

Jerry