Unicode problem ???

От Priem, Alexander
Тема Unicode problem ???
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi everyone,

I have a PostgreSQL 7.4 database running, which was initdb-ed using standard
(SQL_ASCII) encoding, with -lc-collate=C option set.

Everything is running fine, but I just discovered something funny. If text
containing characters like ë is inserted into the database (text field), the
inserting goes fine. When I view this data using phpPgAdmin (v3.2.1) it
looks fine, including these special characters.

HOWEVER, when I get this data from within a Delphi application, using
psqlODBC (07.03.0200), the special characters get corrupted (ë becomes
something like ë). It seems to be a unicode problem.

What do you think, should I re-create the database using UNICODE encoding?
I'd like to know beforehand if this will solve the problem, since I do not
want to recreate the database just to find out that it does not fix things.

Or does the problem involve psqlODBC. I looked into some of its settings,
but I can't find anything that involves character encoding...

I hope someone can give me a pointer here.

Thanks in advance,
Alexander Priem
The Netherlands.

Сообщение: Re: Looking for help building 'rhdb-explain' Visual Explain
Сообщение: Re: Looking for help building 'rhdb-explain' Visual Explain