RE: BUG #15632: Correctly escaped strings are mishandled in function

От Kaleb Akalework
Тема RE: BUG #15632: Correctly escaped strings are mishandled in function
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
The actual error I get is error: -42 42601 syntax error at or near "SOLD". Because it removed the double single quote.

-----Original Message-----
From: David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2019 1:19 PM
To: Kaleb Akalework <kaleb.akalework@asg.com>; pgsql-bugs@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: BUG #15632: Correctly escaped strings are mishandled in function

*** External email: Verify sender before opening attachments or links ***

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:04 AM PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> I'm working on a Java app, and I used prepared statements to create a
> function call to postgressql.

PostgreSQL (one s)...

> Inside my function I take these parameters and build a query like this
>  WITH upd AS (  UPDATE topic$_dept  SET topic_value =  'SOLD''   WHERE
> topic_value = 'SOLD'  RETURNING 1 )  SELECT COUNT(*) FROM upd

I doubt this is a bug but rather likely you are not doing something correctly here.  But since you don't show the
functionits impossible to say what.

> This will throw an error

How hard is it to include the actual error?

David J.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #15632: Correctly escaped strings are mishandled in function
Сообщение: RE: BUG #15632: Correctly escaped strings are mishandled in function