Re: How about a psql backslash command to show GUCs?

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: How about a psql backslash command to show GUCs?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/7/22 10:26 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2022 at 5:02 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I think a reasonable case can be made for excluding "internal" GUCs
>> on the grounds that (a) they cannot be set, and therefore (b) whatever
>> value they have might as well be considered the default.
>
> I agree.

I think some of these could be interesting if they deviate from the
default (e.g. "in_hot_standby") as it will give the user context on the
current state of the system.

However, something like that is still fairly easy to determine (e.g.
`pg_catalog.pg_is_in_recovery()`). And looking through the settings
marked "internal" showing the non-defaults may not provide much
additional context to a user.

+1 for excluding them.

Jonathan

Вложения