Re: user defined function

От andrew
Тема Re: user defined function
Дата
Re: user defined function  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Sorry, I modified the parser code and forgot abt it. Now there is no
problem in creating the function. But there is another problem. I
create a function to accept record type parameter. But when I call it
on a specific composite type, error is reported. The followings are
what I have done:

backend> create function complete(record) returns int4 as
'$libdir/qualityudf' language C
QUERY: create function complete(record) returns int4 as
'$libdir/qualityudf' language C

backend> select *, complete(Person) from Person
QUERY: select *, complete(Person) from Person

ERROR:  Function complete(person) does not exist
        Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument types
        You may need to add explicit typecasts

> andrew <andrew.ylzhou@gmail.com> writes:
> > ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "record" at character 21
> > in Warn_restart code
>
> > What is the problem here? Did you test it on 7.3?
>
> Yeah, 7.3.13 to be exact.  (There have been a couple of changes in the
> parser in the 7.3 branch, according to the CVS logs, but none look to
> be related to this.)  Where did that "in Warn_restart code" bit come
> from?  There's no such string anywhere in the 7.3 sources.  Perhaps you
> are playing with a copy that someone has modified/broken?

andrew