Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready

От Pavel Luzanov
Тема Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 22.08.2023 00:58, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Attached is an applied patch that moves the inherit item into
> incompatibilities. clarifies it, and splits out the ADMIN syntax item.

 > The role's default inheritance behavior can be overridden with the
new <command>GRANT ... WITH INHERIT</command> clause.

The only question about "can be". Why not "will be"? The inheritance
behavior will be changed anyway.

> Please let me know if I need any other changes.  Thanks.

* Allow psql's access privilege commands to show system objects (Nathan
Bossart, Pavel Luzanov)
     The options are \dpS, \zS, and \drg.

I think that this description correct only for the \dpS and \zS commands.
(By the way, unfortunately after reverting MAINTAIN privilege this
commands are not much useful in v16.)

But the \drg command is a different thing. This is a full featured
replacement for "Member of" column of the \du, \dg commands.
It shows not only members, but granted options (admin, inherit, set) and
grantor.
This is important information for membership usage and administration.
IMO, removing the "Member of" column from the \du & \dg commands also
requires attention in release notes.

So, I suggest new item in the psql section for \drg. Something like this:

* Add psql \drg command to display role grants and remove the "Member
of" column from \du & \dg altogether.

--
Pavel Luzanov
Postgres Professional: https://postgrespro.com

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node
От: ajitpostgres awekar
Сообщение: Re: ALTER COLUMN ... SET EXPRESSION to alter stored generated column's expression