Re: initdb failure with Postgres 8.4.4

От BRUSSER Michael
Тема Re: initdb failure with Postgres 8.4.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/10/2010 11:19 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Robert Haas<robertmhaas@gmail.com>  writes:
>> So in theory we could have a GUC under "file locations" to override
>> this, similarly to data_directory or hba_file or ident_file.  But
>> since it's been like this for a really long time (I think), I wouldn't
>> be inclined to go monkeying with it unless more than one person
>> complains.
> Even if we did see more than one request, I'd be inclined not to change
> it.  The installation layout stuff is too complicated and fragile
> already; and AFAICS it does cover every *reasonable* use case.

I agree, although I think Robert's "really long time" is in fact "since
8.0, before which we didnt provide for relocation at all."

cheers
andrew

Thanks, everyone!!!
I'm still not sure I completely understand how to package all components to allow independent installation,
but I guess this is what this weekend is good for  :(

Michael

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and
maybe confidential and/or privileged.  If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,
(i)you should not read, disclose, or copy it, (ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this
emailand all attachments, (iii) Dassault Systemes does not accept or assume any liability or responsibility for any use
ofor reliance on this email.For other languages, go to http://www.3ds.com/terms/email-disclaimer.