Re: [GENERAL] Partioning tsearch2 a table into chunks and accessing via views

От Benjamin Arai
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Partioning tsearch2 a table into chunks and accessing via views
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

As stated in the previous email if I use partitioning then queries
will be executed sequentially - i.e., instead of log(n) it would be
(# partitions) * log(n).  Right?

Benjamin

On Aug 25, 2007, at 9:18 AM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Benjamin Arai wrote:
>> This kind of disappointing, I was hoping there was more that could
>> be done.
>>
>> There has to be another way to do incremental indexing without
>> loosing
>> that much performance.
>
> What makes you think you are loosing performance by using
> partitioning?
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>

>> Benjamin

>>> PostgreSQL can do all of this too.
>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>
>>> Joshua D. Drake

>>> - --
>>
>>>       === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
>>> Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564   24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
>>> PostgreSQL solutions since 1997  http://www.commandprompt.com/
>>>             UNIQUE NOT NULL
>>> Donate to the PostgreSQL Project: http://www.postgresql.org/about/
>>> donate
>>> PostgreSQL Replication: http://www.commandprompt.com/products/
>>

> - ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend
>

> - --
>
>       === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
> Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564   24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
> PostgreSQL solutions since 1997  http://www.commandprompt.com/
>             UNIQUE NOT NULL
> Donate to the PostgreSQL Project: http://www.postgresql.org/about/
> donate
> PostgreSQL Replication: http://www.commandprompt.com/products/

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Partioning tsearch2 a table into chunks and accessing via views
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Partioning tsearch2 a table into chunks and accessing via views