Re: Postgres 9.1.4 - high stats collector IO usage

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres 9.1.4 - high stats collector IO usage
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
David Barton <dave@oneit.com.au> writes:
> I am running postgres 9.1.4 on Ubuntu 12.04 and the stats collector is
> generating very high IO usage even when nothing appears to be happening
> on the system.

> I have roughly 150 different databases, each of which is running in 1 of
> roughly 30 tablespaces.  The databases are small (the dump of most is
> are under 100M, and all but 3 are under 1G, nothing larger than 2G).

That's a lot of databases.  I think your problem probably stems from
autovacuum madly trying to cover all of them.  Backing off (increasing)
autovacuum_naptime to slow its cycle might help.

Сообщение: Re: Postgres 9.1.4 - high stats collector IO usage
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 9.1.4 - high stats collector IO usage