Re: how to create a non-inherited CHECK constraint in CREATE TABLE

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: how to create a non-inherited CHECK constraint in CREATE TABLE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> +1 for fixing up the syntax before 9.2 goes out the door.  I think the
> original syntax was misguided to begin with.

Well, it was fine in isolation, but once you consider how to make CREATE
TABLE do this too, it's hard to avoid the conclusion that you need to
attach the modifier to the CHECK constraint not the ALTER TABLE command.

> CHECK NO INHERIT sounds fine to me; will that display ALTER TABLE ONLY
> x as the one true way of doing this?

s/display/displace/, I think you meant?  Yeah, that's what I understand
the proposal to be.