Re: DROP COLUMN

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: DROP COLUMN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Definitely *not*; I don't want to kluge up every call to SearchSysCache
>> with a feature that's only relevant to a small number of them.

> Uh, then what?

Then we make a wrapper function.  Something like
GetUndeletedColumnByName(relid,attname)

replaces SearchSysCache(ATTNAME,...) in those places where you don't
want to see deleted columns.  It'd return NULL if it finds a column
tuple but sees it's deleted.
GetUndeletedColumnByNum(relid,attnum)

replaces SearchSysCache(ATTNUM,...) similarly.

> My only other idea is to make a syscache that is like ATTNAME except
> that it doesn't return a dropped column.

That would mean duplicate storage of tuples inside the catcache...