Re: MSVC SSL test failure

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: MSVC SSL test failure
Дата
Re: MSVC SSL test failure  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 12/5/21 12:50, Tom Lane wrote:
>> This looks quite a bit like the sort of failure that commit
>> 6051857fc was meant to forestall.  I wonder whether reverting
>> that commit changes the results?  You might also try inserting
>> a shutdown() call, as we'd decided not to do [1].

> Commenting out the closesocket() worked.

Man, that's annoying.  Apparently OpenSSL is doing something to
screw up the shutdown sequence.  According to [1], the graceful
shutdown sequence will happen by default, but changing SO_LINGER
or SO_DONTLINGER can get you into abortive shutdown anyway.
Maybe they change one of those settings (why?)

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/winsock/graceful-shutdown-linger-options-and-socket-closure-2