Re: select fails on indexed varchars.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: select fails on indexed varchars.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Alex Krohn <alex@gossamer-threads.com> writes:
>> Beware of changing the postmaster's locale on the fly, however,
>> since that will leave you with corrupted (out-of-order) indexes.
>> Safest to dump/initdb in new locale/reload.

> How would I go about changing that? Setting LANG and LC_ALL in the pgsql
> users home directory .bashrc? Or do I need to edit the startup file?

I'd recommend setting LANG/LC_xxx directly in the script you use to fire
up the postmaster.  This ensures it will be right no matter whether the
postmaster is launched by a boot script, by hand by someone logged in as
pgsql, by hand by someone su'd from another account with different
locale, yadda yadda.