Re: Bug in storing Timestamp

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug in storing Timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
"mikael-aronsson" <mikael-aronsson@telia.com> writes:
> I have never had any problems with timestamps, if I remember correct the
> resolution gets worse when you get far away from 1900 or so, is it possible
> that using year 0001 gives that bad resolution maybe ?

Good thought, but no; the error at 0001 is still down around the sixth
decimal place:

regression=# select '0001-01-01 02:02:02.123456'::timestamp;
         timestamp
----------------------------
 0001-01-01 02:02:02.123459
(1 row)

I was wondering about the fact that he was storing into a time column
rather than a timestamp.  That works if the conversion is done on the
server, modulo the sixth decimal place again:

regression=# select '0001-01-01 02:02:02.123456'::timestamp::time;
      time
 02:02:02.123459
(1 row)

but maybe it's confusing the JDBC driver into doing the wrong thing
entirely.