Re: Undocumented feature costs a lot of performance in COPY IN

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Undocumented feature costs a lot of performance in COPY IN
Дата
Re: Undocumented feature costs a lot of performance in  (Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Yes, please fix it.  In fact, I think we should throw an error if more
> than one character is specified as a delimiter.  Saying we ignore
> multiple characters in the documentation is not enough when we silently
> ignore them in the code.

Well, it'd be an easy enough addition:
if (strlen(delim) != 1)    elog(ERROR, "COPY delimiter must be a single character");

This isn't multibyte-aware, but then neither is the implementation;
delimiters that are multibyte characters won't work at the moment.

Any comments out there?