Re: Stats Collector Error 7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Stats Collector Error 7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> So either we do the random signature thing, which I would favor as a one
> time be all, end all solution - or you do the actual from-address based
> implementation by restoring the old IPV4 behaviour and adding correct
> IPV6 behaviour.

My feeling at this point is that it's not worth spending any effort on.
But if someone wants to expend effort, let's go with Jan's
random-signature idea.  That is simple, unquestionably portable, and
AFAICS it defends against more than the source-address check would
defend against, even after we got it right.  (Consider spoofed packet
source addresses.)