Re: Proposed new create command, CREATE OPERATOR CLASS

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proposed new create command, CREATE OPERATOR CLASS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org> writes:
> Do any of the access methods really support using non-binary operators?

Whether they do today is not the question.  The issue is whether they
could --- and they certainly could.

> Oh gross. I just looked at contrib/intarray, and it defines two entries in
> pg_amop for amopstrategy number 20. They do happen to be commutators of
> each other. Look for the @@ and ~~ operators.

> Wait a second, how can you do that? Doesn't that violate
> pg_amop_opc_strategy_index ?

It sure does, but running the script shows that the second insert
doesn't try to insert any rows.  There's no entry in the temp table
for ~~ because its left and right operands are not the types the
SELECT/INTO is looking for.

This is evidently a bug in the script.  Oleg?