Re: Partitioning with temp tables is broken

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Partitioning with temp tables is broken
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> [ lots o' problems with $subject ]

> But a larger question is what use such temporary partitions are?
> Should we just prohibit adding temporary partitions to a permanant
> partitioned table? We should allow adding temporary partitions to a
> temporary partitioned table if only they both belong to the same
> session.

Even if you want to argue that there's a use case for these situations,
it seems far too late in the release cycle to be trying to fix all these
issues.  I think we need to forbid the problematic cases for now, and
leave relaxing the prohibition to be treated as a future new feature.

Сообщение: Re: Index maintenance function for BRIN doesn't checkRecoveryInProgress()
Сообщение: Re: Index maintenance function for BRIN doesn't check RecoveryInProgress()