Re: pg_stat_user_tables.n_mod_since_analyze persistence?

От Philip Semanchuk
Тема Re: pg_stat_user_tables.n_mod_since_analyze persistence?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On Feb 15, 2021, at 3:55 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Philip Semanchuk <philip@americanefficient.com> writes:
>> I saw some unexpected behavior that I'm trying to understand. I suspect it might be a quirk specific to AWS Aurora
andI'd like to confirm that.

>> When I restart my local Postgres instance (on my Mac), the values in pg_stat_user_tables.n_mod_since_analyze are
preserved.In other words, if table foo had n_mod_since_analyze=33 before the reboot, it still has
n_mod_since_analyze=33after the restart.

>> When I restart an AWS Aurora instance, the values in pg_stat_user_tables.n_mod_since_analyze all seem to be reset to
0.

>> Can anyone confirm (or refute) that the behavior I see on my Mac (preservation of these values through a restart) is
common& expected behavior?

> Yeah, in PG those stats would be preserved, at least as long as it's
> a clean shutdown.

Thanks, Tom. A colleague pointed me to a blog post by Michael Vitale that confirms this bug on AWS and contains more
detail:
https://elephas.io/685-2/

Hope this helps someone else
Philip