Re: regression test client encoding

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: regression test client encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> What I'd suggest is that we take out the bit of code in pg_regress.c
> that overrides the client encoding.

That doesn't seem like a particularly good idea in view of the recent
changes in psql to try to intuit a default encoding from its locale
environment.  If I say --encoding in the command line, that means I want
that encoding, not an environment-dependent one.

> Most of our test files are in
> ASCII, so the client encoding shouldn't matter anyway.  And where it
> does matter, the test file itself should set it.
> plpython_unicode.sql would then set the client encoding to UTF8, and the
> second expected file would go away.

Seems to me that plpython_unicode.sql could set the client encoding if
it wants to, regardless of what pg_regress.c might think.