Re: autovacuum and reloptions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: autovacuum and reloptions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On second look, however, the problem is that I seem to be
> forced to declare all the autovacuum-related options and their parsing
> properties in reloptions.c.  This seems very ugly.

That was in fact the intended design, and is why the functions exist in
a separate file reloptions.c rather than having been dumped into some
existing place like heapam.c.  I don't see anything very wrong with
having autovacuum options in StdRdOptions and default_reloptions().

There might at some point be a good case for inventing a plugin approach
here, but since autovacuum is a pretty much core component now, I don't
see the need to do so for it.