Re: Pass column name in preparedstatement

От Antony Paul
Тема Re: Pass column name in preparedstatement
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
The one glitch I have with 7.3.3 is with functional index and it is
solved in 8.x only. But the client is not ready to upgrade to 8.x
series until it ages 4-6 months. So I dont find any use in upgrading.
I have to consider the work invloved in upgrading.

rgds
Antony Paul

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:59:56 +1300, Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> wrote:
> Antony Paul wrote:
> > In 7.3.3 is there any use in using PreparedStatement since the columns
> > may change for each query.
>
> It depends on your application; are there non-column-name parameters? If
> so, using PreparedStatement still gives you the benefit that you do not
> have to escape those parameters by hand.
>
> Under 7.3.x there's no real performance benefit to reusing
> PreparedStatements, as the v3 protocol (supporting server-side query
> parameterization and reuse) was only introduced in 7.4. Under 7.4 or
> 8.0, there is some scope for improved performance if you reuse
> PreparedStatements. As your query strings are changing, you may want to
> have a cache to preserve a PreparedStatement for frequently used queries.
>
> You really should upgrade if you're still using 7.3.3, at least to the
> latest 7.3.x.
>
> -O

Сообщение: Re: Pass column name in preparedstatement
Сообщение: Re: Pass column name in preparedstatement