Re: BUG #12869: PostGIS 2.2 can't compile against 9.5 dev branch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #12869: PostGIS 2.2 can't compile against 9.5 dev branch
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
lr@pcorp.us writes:
> The PostGIS debian Jenkins bot pulls the latest snapshot of 9.5 and compiles
> our upcoming PostGIS 2.2 trunk against it every weekend.  This weekend, it
> failed to compile.  I'm not sure if it's something that needs changing in
> PostGIS code or some issue in 9.5 recent code changes.

> The error we get is this:

> /pg9.5w64/include/postgresql/internal -D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o lwgeom_geos.o
> lwgeom_geos.c
> lwgeom_geos.c: In function ‘errorIfGeometryCollection’:
> lwgeom_geos.c:1730: error: ‘DBL_DIG’ undeclared (first use in this
> function)

According to the C and POSIX standards, DBL_DIG is defined by <float.h>.
It sounds like you were indirectly depending on some Postgres header to
#include that, and said header no longer does.  I'm not sure what bit
of refactoring might've had such an effect, but it doesn't much matter
--- you really ought to #include <float.h> for yourself.