Re: Issue with past commit: Allow fractional input values for integer GUCs ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Issue with past commit: Allow fractional input values for integer GUCs ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> While the new behavior seems fine -- and indeed convenient -- for GUCs
> that are numeric with a unit, it does not seem very nice at all for
> GUCs that are unitless integers.

I find that distinction to be entirely without merit; not least because
we also have unitless float GUCs.  I think the fact that we have some
float and some integer GUCs is an implementation detail more than a
fundamental property --- especially since SQL considers integers
to be just the scale-zero subset of numerics.  I recognize that your
opinion is different, but to me it seems fine as-is.