Re: I/O support for composite types

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: I/O support for composite types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Hallgren <thhal@mailblocks.com> writes:
> Why not use standard C semantics for the textual representation with
> your addition that empty items are NULL?

This isn't C, it's SQL; and I think the array I/O representation is a
closer precedent for us than the C standard.

In any case, how much of C syntax are you proposing to emulate exactly?
Comments?  Backslashed newlines?  Joining of adjacent double-quoted
strings?  Conversion of octal and hex integer constants (and what about
L, U, LL, etc suffixes)?  There's a lot more stuff there than meets the
eye, and most of it isn't something I want to code.

Сообщение: Re: I/O support for composite types
Сообщение: Re: I/O support for composite types