Windows buildfarm support, or lack of it

От Tom Lane
Тема Windows buildfarm support, or lack of it
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
What's wrong with this picture?

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl

Notice how all the red is at the bottom of the report?  That's because
all the Windows machines are at the bottom, indicating that they haven't
reported recently.  AFAICT, snake is the only Windows machine that
actually runs the buildfarm on a regular schedule, and even it is just
running once a day.  So, while the timescale for finding out if a commit
breaks or fixes other platforms is just a couple hours, we generally
need a full day to find out about Windows.  For a platform that requires
as much special-case care and feeding as the Windows code does, that's
not very acceptable.  For a platform that's as ubiquitous as Windows
allegedly is, that's pretty surprising.  You'd think we could find a
couple of people willing to run buildfarm tests every four hours or
so, as many of the Unix buildfarm members do.

(Yeah, I'm a bit ticked off after waiting overnight to find out if
yesterday's commits fixed Windows, and getting up to find no new
data.)