Re: Should this require CASCADE?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Should this require CASCADE?
Дата
Re: Should this require CASCADE?  ("Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Now, if someone wanted to say CASCADE|RESTRICT was
> required for DROP _only_ if there is some foreign key references to the
> table, I would be OK with that, but that's not what the standard says.

But in fact that is not different from what I propose to do.  Consider
what such a rule really means:* if no dependencies exist for the object, go ahead and delete.* if dependencies exist,
complain.
How is that different from "the default behavior is RESTRICT"?

Сообщение: Re: Should this require CASCADE?
Сообщение: Re: Should this require CASCADE?