Re: RFD: schemas and different kinds of Postgres objects

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: RFD: schemas and different kinds of Postgres objects
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> Just a confirmation.
> We can't see any catalog.schema.object notation in 7.3,
> can we ?

No, what I meant was you could write catalog.schema.object --- but for
7.3, the system will only accept it if the catalog name is the same as
the current database.  This satisfies the minimum requirements of the
spec, and it leaves notational room to use the catalog name as the cue
for cross-database access, if we ever decide we want to try to do that.

Сообщение: Re: RFD: schemas and different kinds of Postgres objects
Сообщение: Re: RFD: schemas and different kinds of Postgres objects