Re: capturing/viewing sort_mem utilization on a per query basis

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: capturing/viewing sort_mem utilization on a per query basis
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Lonni J Friedman <netllama@gmail.com> writes:
> Although, looking in the log postgresql is generating, I'm seeing the
> following at the same time as that OOM above so it certainly looks
> like the DB is barfing:

OK, then it's a backend issue not a client-side issue.

> HashBatchContext: -1934683632 total in 295 blocks; 135760 free (879
> chunks); -1934819392 used

Hmm, looks like a hash join ran out of memory.  What PG version is this
again, and what do you have sort_mem set to?  Can you show an EXPLAIN
for the query that is failing like this?