Re: 9.0 Bug: cannot build against python3.1, with two versions of python in the environment

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 9.0 Bug: cannot build against python3.1, with two versions of python in the environment
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> I discussed this report with James Pye already, and he beleives it's a
> configure script bug which should be fixed before release.  Anyone
> capable of taking it on?

AFAICS, user has failed to ensure that only one Python version is
visible in his environment.  Please show cause why this isn't
user error.

> checking for python... /usr/bin/python
> checking Python configuration directory... /usr/lib/python2.4/config
> checking how to link an embedded Python application... -L/usr/lib
> -lpython2.4 -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -lrt -ldl -lm
> configure: using CPPFLAGS= -I/usr/local/include/libxml2
> -I/usr/local/include/python3.1 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/ssl/include
> configure: using LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib/python3.1

In particular, how'd those 3.1 references get in there when the python
version in $PATH is 2.4?  It's for damn sure we didn't introduce those.