Re: Function returns wrong data after datatype change

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Function returns wrong data after datatype change
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Jeff Trout <threshar@threshar.is-a-geek.com> writes:
> I just ran across this, and I do not think it is entirely a PG bug or
> even something that the backend can detect and handle.
> The problem stems from swapping a table definition from under a
> function.

Hmm.  This should yield an error (SQL function not returning the type
it claims to), and we probably should plug the hole by invoking
check_sql_fn_retval every time not just at creation.

I thought you were about to complain about plpgsql, which has much worse
problems due to plan caching...