Re: Document spaces in .pgpass need to be escaped

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Document spaces in .pgpass need to be escaped
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
James Coleman <jtc331@gmail.com> writes:
> A coworker has a space in a Postgres password and noticed .pgpass
> didn't work; escaping it fixed the issue. That requirement wasn't
> documented (despite other escaping requirements being documented), so
> I've attached a patch to add that comment.

I looked at passwordFromFile() and I don't see any indication that
it treats spaces specially.  Nor does a quick test here confirm
this report.  So I'm pretty certain that this proposed doc change
is wrong.  Perhaps there's some other issue to investigate, though?