Re: [HACKERS] Re: psql and comments

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: psql and comments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Efficiency is all, along with (probably) the backend being unhappy
>> getting *only* a comment and no query.

> That is fixed now.

Is it?  postgres.c treats an all-whitespace input as an empty query,
but if you pass it a comment and nothing else it will cycle the parser/
planner/executor, and I'm not sure every phase of that process behaves
reasonably on empty input.  Also, that path will not produce the
"empty query" response code that you get from all-whitespace input.
I *think* libpq doesn't depend on that anymore, but other frontend
libraries might...