Re: Invalid headers and xlog flush failures

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Invalid headers and xlog flush failures
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bricklen Anderson <BAnderson@PresiNET.com> writes:
> Feb  1 11:17:50 dev94 postgres[4959]: [472-1] 2005-02-01 11:17:50 PST> ERROR:  xlog flush request
> 972/FC932854 is not satisfied --- flushed only to 73/86D2640

Hmm, have you perhaps played any games with pg_resetxlog in this database?

I would have suggested that maybe this represented on-disk data
corruption, but the appearance of two different but not-too-far-apart
WAL offsets in two different pages suggests that indeed the end of WAL
was up around segment 972 or 973 at one time.  And now it's evidently
ending at 73.  Not good.  What file names do you see in pg_xlog/, and
what does pg_controldata show?