Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.16 is creating strange files under /var/lib/pgsql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.16 is creating strange files under /var/lib/pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Juan Sueiro <jmsueiro@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm not sure about the unix mode/owner, the server is:

> Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 5)
> Linux linuxbox 2.6.9-55.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Apr 20 17:03:35 EDT 2007 i686 i686
> i386 GNU/Linux

> Currently there are no other server applications/software running there. I
> thought that maybe the postgresql could be creating the files because of the
> specific /var/lib/pgsql path.

FWIW, I've never seen or heard of such a behavior before.  I suspect
that the files are being made by some add-on code --- have you got any
custom C code, third-party modules, etc?

            regards, tom lane

PS: BTW, running a three-year-old Red Hat release without any of the
subsequent updates doesn't seem like the sanest approach to system
administration.  According to my changelogs, Red Hat shipped 7.4.16
for only about two months in the spring of 2007, and you're clearly
running an ancient kernel as well.