Re: Restrict ALTER FUNCTION CALLED ON NULL INPUT (was Re: Not quite a security hole: CREATE LANGUAGE for non-superusers)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Restrict ALTER FUNCTION CALLED ON NULL INPUT (was Re: Not quite a security hole: CREATE LANGUAGE for non-superusers)
Дата
Ответ на Re: Restrict ALTER FUNCTION CALLED ON NULL INPUT (was Re: Not quite a security hole: CREATE LANGUAGE for non-superusers)  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: Restrict ALTER FUNCTION CALLED ON NULL INPUT (was Re: Not quite a security hole: CREATE LANGUAGE for non-superusers)  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I don't particularly care for that solution; it seems like a kludge.
> I've kind of wondered whether we ought to have checks in all the ALTER
> routines that spit up if you try to ALTER an extension member from any
> place other than an extension upgrade script...  but that still
> wouldn't prevent the extension owner from dropping the members out of
> the extension and then modifying them afterwards.  I'm not sure we
> want to prevent that in general, but maybe there could be some
> locked-down mode that has that effect.

Right, I wasn't too clear about that, but I meant that we'd have some
sort of locked-down state for an extension that would forbid fooling
with its contents.  For development purposes, or for anybody that "knows
what they're doing", adding/subtracting/modifying member objects is
mighty handy.  But a non-superuser who's loaded an extension that
contains C functions ought not have those privileges for it.