Re: Storing pg_stat_statements query texts externally, pg_stat_statements in core

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Storing pg_stat_statements query texts externally, pg_stat_statements in core
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> writes:
> On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The patch doesn't apply cleanly against the master due to recent change of
>> pg_stat_statements. Could you update the patch?

> Revision is attached, including changes recently discussed on other
> thread [1] to allow avoiding sending query text where that's not
> desirable and increase in default pg_stat_statements.max to 5000.

I see this is marked as ready for committer.  Where does it stand in
relation to the other long-running thread about "calls under-estimation
propagation"?  I was surprised to find that there isn't any CommitFest
entry linked to that thread, so I'm wondering if that proposal is
abandoned or what.  If it's not, is committing this going to blow up
that patch?

BTW, I'm also thinking that the "detected_version" kluge is about ready
to collapse of its own weight, or at least is clearly going to break in
future.  What we need to do is embed the API version in the C name of the
pg_stat_statements function instead.