Re: n_live_tup smaller than the number of rows in a table

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: n_live_tup smaller than the number of rows in a table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lisa Guo <lguo@fb.com> writes:
> We are seeing a strange behavior where n_live_tup is way smaller than the number of rows in a table. The table has >
18mrows, but n_live_tup only has < 100K. We tried to do vacuum analyze to clear up any sticky errors, but it didn�t
correctthe problem. We are running Postgres 9.2. Any pointers on how we could debug this problem and how to correct the
stats?

n_live_tup is a moving average over the last few observations, so in
theory it should get better if you repeat ANALYZE several times.
AFAIR, VACUUM isn't likely to help much.  (VACUUM FREEZE might though.)

It seems odd that you have a value that's so far off ... have you been
using this table in any unusual way?

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: hung backends stuck in spinlock heavy endless loop
От: Lisa Guo
Сообщение: Re: n_live_tup smaller than the number of rows in a table