Re: About adding a column to an existing system catalog

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: About adding a column to an existing system catalog
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tanmay Deshpande <tp.deshpande07@gmail.com> writes:
> while adding a column to an existing system catalog I am getting following
> error while initdb

> FATAL:  incorrect number of columns in row (expected 22, got 21)

> where do I have to make the changes ?

I'd say you missed updating relnatts in the hard-coded row for
pg_attribute in pg_class.h.

The more general answer is to look through our git history for a previous
commit that did something like what you want, and then read through it to
see if you missed anything.