Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>   Oreilly and Assoc is interviewing me and they asked me two questions I
> don't have the answers to:
> When is 7.3 set to land?
> When is 8.0 set to land?

7.3 will go beta at the end of August, barring major disasters.
As for final release, it's done when it's done --- the optimistic
schedule would be end of September, but we do not release by the
calendar.  We release when we think the code is ready.

There is no plan anywhere that involves an 8.0; if anyone thinks
they know how many 7.* releases there will be, when 8.0 will be
out, or what will be in it, they are just blowing smoke.  We have
a hard enough time seeing ahead to the next release...