Re: [GENERAL] Is float8 a reference type?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Is float8 a reference type?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Paul A Jungwirth <pj@illuminatedcomputing.com> writes:
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 8:05 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't think so it is good idea to write 64bit only extensions.

> I agree, but how about this?:

"Premature optimization is the root of all evil".  Do you have good reason
to think that it's worth your time to write unsafe/unportable code?  Do
you know that your compiler doesn't turn Float8GetDatum into a no-op
already?  (Mine does, on a 64-bit machine.)