Re: Is PostgreSQL an easy choice for a large CMS?

От Tony Lausin
Тема Re: Is PostgreSQL an easy choice for a large CMS?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Jim,

I'm settled on sticking with PostgreSQL since MySQL is just too
incompatible with my needs and desires. I just wanted to be
open-minded to some of the MySQL advocacy I've heard.

My project is essentially a CMS, but there are features that are
commonly found in social networking sites like MySpace and CampusHook.
I prefer to call it a web-based BBS inspired by my Citadel days that
borrows features from social networking sites and multi-user blog
sites (think Slashdot, not LiveJournal or Blogger).

I don't anticipate the kind of usage that a site like MySpace gets;
but should users really go for the social networking features, and
start hammering away at profiles with comments and updates; I'd like
to know that the database can survive.