Re: Open items list for 8.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Open items list for 8.1
Дата
Re: Open items list for 8.1  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> fix ALTER SCHEMA RENAME for sequence dependency, or remove feature

I've posted a proposed patch to fix this.  The patch requires an initdb
(to add new sequence functions), so if we do that we may as well also
fix the 32/64bit risk mentioned here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-09/msg01241.php

Also, the floor seems open to discuss whether or not to revert the file
access functions to their pre-beta2 APIs.  I've got mixed feelings about
that myself, but you can certainly make a case that the current
definitions are not enough cleaner than what was there before to justify
changing.  This seems particularly true for pg_cancel_backend(), which
already was in the core in 8.0.